A travel blog made of excerpts from one year spent living in South America. From travel-based stories, to home truths from Chile, to coriander and palta (avocado) recipies. Some poetry, some pictures, some trapeze: this blog will give a flavour of life, loves, losses and politics in Chile and South America.

Thursday 4 September 2008

The frame

I seem to be eternally self referencing
Only by writing and reading do I see what I was getting at
My pen seems to intrinsically be self-analysing
Rendering in back and white where when with whom I sat

The intricacies of the discussion, what hit me most
The images I absorbed, each couplet a ghost
Of an idea, a picture, the smiles they raised
Something I ran with, someone I praised

Each attempt I launch to jump the frame
Each abstraction, contraption seems to end the same
Anchored to my me by a bungee jump string
Extrapolated to the max, snapped back to earth again

My language my metaphors centre in my Gaia, my me.
For all my running and jumping, Gaia is all I’ll ever be.

(An april-may poem)

No comments: