A travel blog made of excerpts from one year spent living in South America. From travel-based stories, to home truths from Chile, to coriander and palta (avocado) recipies. Some poetry, some pictures, some trapeze: this blog will give a flavour of life, loves, losses and politics in Chile and South America.

Saturday 30 August 2008

this is me?

So here , this is me

i hand it over-

you see what is written down

funny thing to be

black blue swirls on white-

collection of subject verb noun

a formuliac collection of who i am

(was),

on those days

my angers joys fears

multifacted me

in multifaceted ways

Yet i hate that word

multifaceted

overused, abused and sad

how to describe one without it?

for the lack of word

I'm glad

of the inabiltity of this paper

to actually be me

Rather than burnable, crumpable paper

I`d rather be the tree

Now I know trees burn

I know they`re cut down

yet a burnt tree, a fossil

can be the carbon in the crown

its mutilated trunkks- a bed

chair desk for inspiration

its hue texture grain

instigator of new sensation

its branches- when at last reduntant

once holders of seeds and more

of hopes, fears projects

life and the seeds it bore

No comments: